Date: May 23rd, 2008
Special Guest(s): None.
Intro: "Let's knock them on their asses." idk from what
Quote of the week: "Now the goal is, 'how many games can [developers] squeeze out before they have to wipe?'".
Closing Words: Brett Elston: "Goodbye Brett".
Closing Song: Short Circuit 2
- Top 7 Least Extreme "Extreme Games".
- GR assaulted by flames
- Red Hulk exclusive
- Haze gets hazed.
- The Conduit trailer discussed. Also, no one seems to care.
- Target Terror The harsh reality of Wii games (i.e. crap)
- Nintendo's Big Secret Is it Animal Crossing? Punch Out?! Well...we know it was Wii Music now.
- What Nintendo WON'T reveal Pilotwings. Body Harvest. Blast Corps. All forgotten. (As of June 13th, 2010 still true) (not true in a post June 13th, 2010 world)
- Every Mortal Kombat fatality ever. Was stolen and got more views than when it was GamesRadar's video.
- Alone in the Dark Strangely good preview for completely forgotten game.
- Complaints are ranged about the breakaging of the current console generations! Meanwhile, Brett Elston's Saturn still works.
- DMA made a game called "uniracers" for the SNES and it was adorable! Oh, also, they became Rockstar. [33:03-34:01]
- What Rock Band Really Sounds Like finds its way onto a porn site. Boners must be avenged. [39:09-40:11]
- Squibidyflop coined 5:19 in the podcast.
- Brett Elston mentions Toys R' Us and Animal Crossing for the first time on TalkRadar.
- This is the first episode referred to as TalkRadar.
- Tyler's mother is a gamer. [32:22-32:39]
- Alone in the Dark scoring music was the first music to be played in the background
- Before the end of the podcast, the Anal Sax from Short Circuit 5 was played.
- Brett Elston didn't want Simian Acres to be played. Chris Antista wanted Turbo Turtle, but Brett wanted it to wait. [It was a 98 podcast wait]
- As a child Chris Antista set gasoline fires to recreate the flaming tire marks from Back to the Future.
- Antista's lifelong friend Spicules is indirectly mentioned.
- First time Antista said something bad about his mother. Plenty more to come.
Funny Stories and Quotes:
- Chris Antista
- mentions his mother for the first time (negatively). [32:28-32:57]
- Also, he mentioned that, as a child he stole a Super Scope from a friend. Later, he stole the Super Scope's sensor. [37:25-37:47]
- Chris is also the head editor of dick jokes! [1:06-1:07]
- Trust Company reminds him of how much he hates his dad. [5:55-6:29]
- used to go out and make tire tracks with a can of gasoline and matches. [9:15-9:29]
- "What was the other song by Trust Company? 'I didn't make the football team?'"
- Could you imagine erection in hand, on your local porn site, and your face is on it?
- My boner sounded like a deflated balloon.
- I want a new podcast.
- I hate fucking Gamestop.
- (Fixing consoles) How you fix it is you throw a towel around it, start it up, and dunk it in a bucket of water. Make sure it is plugged in.
- A mouse and keyboard were never meant for FPS.
- The act of holding a gun and murdering somebody is what all games should set out and achieve/
- The Arsenio Hall game is just around the corner.
- They're going to have some title that will blow asses on our dicks.
- Shane said they should change the Wii name to the Nintendo Mario. That's pretty much all there is now.
- The console war which none of them are fit to fight.
- Tyler Wilde:
- "The weather at the North Pole is extreme, blowing up abortion clinics is extreme...What makes falling off your skateboard and getting your nose ring caught in the wheels more extreme?"
- "The only thing extreme about Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball was the amount of blood in my erection" quoting Chris (who quoted the bible)
- "They have dynamic fire that spreads dynamically"
- Brett Elston:
- "Right, back to the article we were discussing and not your mother's blowjobs..."
- It's like marketing to Bart Simpson in the 90's.
- (Discussing the Super Scope) "You mean that revolutionary infrared sensor? Man, I wish they'd make a new console with BULLSHIT like that!" [37:40 ish]
- Good hatred of GameStop when Brett tries to return a disc to guys who don't know shit about dick. [13:42-14:22]
- You want to hear a great soundtrack, fucking check this out. [On Simian Acres]
- Let me ask the guy who knows shit about dick.
- Wii filled to the fuckin tits.
- A rated M competent action game on Wii is like "Do you want to sell 12 copies or 13?"
- Mikel Reparaz:
- "Incidentally, by mentioning Haze and Halo in the same sentence, I bet I get more hate mail than all of you put together."
- "My boner must be avenged!"
- There going to extend the friend code to 42 digits.
- Wii, when we could get excited about it. What was limitless potential is now a horrible reality.
Link: Episode 2