Date: December 5th, 2008
Special Guest(s): Brief Appearance with Dan Amrich; Jeff Gerstmann from Giant Bomb appears during the second segment, mainly to talk about Mortal Kombat vs DCU
Quote of the week: “Tomb Raider came out when the industry was growing its first pubes.”
Intro: Spaced - episode, "Battles"
Closing Words: All the hosts saying goodbye in a Charlie Barratones-esque manner.
Closing Song: They Might Be Giants - Wearing A Raincoat
- Top 7 Games you won't get to until 2009
- TalkRadar talks to Giant Bomb about Mortal Kombat vs DC
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
- Castlevania: Judgment is terrible
- Winners of the Smackdown! contest
- Dan Amrich had a special appearance about his contest of a 30 GB Creative MP3 player. [6:40]
- Racial Slurs quoted on behalf of Animal Crossing news, not because of racism.
- Brett Elston hates the planet for the Wii Bubble not bursting.
- Space Invaders song played during 1st break.
- Chris Antista does Simple Jack impersonation.
- First time Morgan Freeman impersonations are done.
Funny Stories and Quotes:
- Chris Antista:
- On internship at GamesRadar: "You have to be sexed in It's like a gang." [8:00]
- On African-Americans in cinema: "I'm glad when they do a portrayal of an African-American, it's done well."
- "Twishart. Who would have known he won an art contest."
- "I'll be fellating Jeff Gerstmann."
- Game Party. It's a party of games.
- The Wii can't do boob physics justice."
- Squeeze 4 minutes of awful goodness.
- Mikel Reparaz:
- "The podcast is as old as I am. Fuck."
- The problem with Tomb Raider as a franchise is rooted in early adolescence when the PS hit when the game industry was growing our first pubes.
- "What if, fuck you." [19:30]
- "Fuck this."
- On people playing Wii, in a southern voice:
- "$60 for a game on a system, while only $50 here and I get to wave my arms around like an idget? Sign me up!"
- (On Wii Ski) "It's like I'm really skiing!" [33:40 ish]
- Chris Antista follows up with a Simple Jack impersonation [35:51-52]
- Brett Elston:
- "I'm going to punch that face in the asshole."
- I've waited a year for the fiery Wii bubble to pop.
- The 360 is cheaper than the Wii and comes with technology.
- I have a huge massive erection for Final Fantasy IV. X is a close second.
- Shane Patterson?
- Why does (Game Party) have the word game?
Question of the Week: What game will forever be on your "play it later" list?
- Chris Antista: Chrono Trigger
- Mikel Reparaz: Scarface, Okami
- Shane Patterson: Half-Life 2
- Brett Elston: Okami
Link: Episode 30