Date: February 6th, 2009
Special Guest(s): None
Quote of the week: “Spoiler Alert: In case you didn’t know the ending of Call of Duty 4 reveals that the whole game was a dream inside an autistic kid’s snow globe.”
Intro: The Wrestler
Closing Words: Duke Lombardi "Christianity makes my tummy hurt."
Closing Song: 8-bit version of "The Way You Make Me Feel".
- Top 7 Games that should've had co-op
- Some comment: "Why isn't Goldeneye on this list."
- Chris Antista quoting one comment down from that one: "So you could play as James Bond's favorite sidekick."
- Killzone 2 reviewed
- A faith-based argument.
- Chris Antista: "Killzone 2 died for your sins."
- Mikel Reparaz went into rage mode about journalistic credibility in regards to Killzone 2.
- Spider-Man vs the Kingpin Audio [1:13:56-1:17:30]
- Rygar for Wii Reviewed
- Chris Antista, on how much the Wiimote rumbles when playing this game: "Sounds like a Mexican landscaper on airplane fuel."
- "Islam is the Light" controversy
- Shane Patterson:
- "There is one in the White House!"
- "It's 'In God We Trust' or nothing at all."
- No son of mine is going to blow himself up, unless it's for the sovereignty of the state."
- "Come over here, Apple Pie Stevenson." [1:39:11]
- Mikel: "Get over here, Apple Pie Hitler Stevenson."
- Shane: "Aryan Nation Johnson."
- Mikel Reparaz:
- "What the hell is this religious tolerance bullshit?"
- "He's going to swing on the monkey bars like Al-Qaeda."
- "Americans see Muslims as the ghosts from 'Poltergiest'."
- Chris Antista:
- "How flimsy is your faith if a baby toy and an Ubisoft game phrase can change your children's beliefs?"
- Shane Patterson:
- Blogger bonds with bullies over games
- Local news segment: "Nintendo DS: the Pedophile Machine" [1:29:30]
- Brett Elston "as a producer stuff like that didn't happen. [NOOO! WHAAAT! GOD DAMNIT! 1:37:12-13]
- Lead to the popular "Research: look on box back."
- This episode marks the first appearance of Apple Pie Stevenson.
- Brett Elston does first spit take in TalkRadar history at 2 hour mark.
Funny Stories and Quotes:
- Mikel Raparaz:
- Said he was paid in Microsoft points.
- Don't drag me into this bullshit.
- That's a rumor that prisoners play videogames before we do. Another reason for taxpayers to be pissed.
- On the Wikiparaz sound effect [26:06]:
- Chris: "Say something wrong, Mikel."
- Mikel: "Two plus two is seven?"
- (Chris plays the Wikiparaz sound effect backwards.)
- "Don't know fuck about shit!" [1:32:23-25]
- Brett Elston:
- "Turtles go to hell or wherever they go when they die."
- $60 boner?
- Wrap penis around lips and apply pressure.
- Duke Lombardi
- "Islam is the best religion." [1:39:02-03]
- "Pray to Allah, douchebag."
- "Christianity makes my tummy hurt."
- Defeat 10 Italians to drop the spirit barrier.
- Chris Antista:
- Came close to sharting himself during the first break.
- Nice solid corncob log.
- This dumb old lady keeps alerting the news on things she pretends to hear.
- "Call of Doot. That's that the kids are calling it these days. 'The Doot.'"
- "What're you doing?" "I'm ridin' that Doot, byetch!" [21:25]
- On the "Golden Axe: Beast Rider" character design: "She has an action-thong." [27:40]
- "Isn't it justifiable if I'm buying Beast Rider on the tip of my erection?"
- Does this make you boner?
- I'm in trouble with the IRS. I'll give your Petz game a ten.
- Do you buy games based on boner?
- A-ha has one song that isn't obscure.
- Not betting dollars to donuts it's going to be mediocre.
- Shane Patterson
- Can we distinguish between a good game and a fantastic game. I don't know?
Question of the Week 21: What is a game you used to hog?
- Brett Elston: In high school, didn't let a friend play "Goldeneye". Didn't let girlfriend play "Metroid Prime".
- Chris Antista: Didn't let his roommates play "Grand Theft Auto IV" on his new TV.
- Shane Patterson: Didn't let girlfriend play "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City".
- Mikel Reparaz: Girlfriend prevented him from playing "Tomb Raider".
Link: Episode 37