Date: February 20th, 2009
Special Guest: Scott Butterworth
Quote of the week: “Blitzball is about as fun as playing hacky sack in the womb.”
Intro: Demetri Martin stand-up about videogames
Closing Words: Mikel Reparaz "Transatlantic communication is a failure." Scott Butterworth: "I can't believe you remembered to say that."
Closing Song: Earthbound Remix
- Top 7 Worst games in great games
- [http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/street-fighter-iv/review/street-fighter-iv/a-20090217102749562090/g-20071017175450601051 Street Fighter IV Review
- Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned penis physics [42:00]
- Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?
- Noby Noby Boy
- Earthbound soundtrack samples
- End of the Red Ring of Death?
- Dead Space: Extraction
- Activision suing EA over Brutal Legend?
- G4 cutting back on game-related programming
- At 4:00 Shane Patterson says "Chris Antista smells like pizza."
- Chris Antista does a brief Vin Diesel impersonation.
- Antista first mention of placing 2nd in a Florida regional swimming meet to quit the day of to get Spiderman Genesis.
Funny Stories and Quotes:
- Chris Antista
- On Blitzball: "It was like playing hackey sack in the womb." [22:03]
- Too bad Charlie isn't here to bore me to suicide.
- Sonic Spinball. Pathetic excuse of a game. If there was ever a time we should have thrown rocks toward the developer.
- TurboNegro The fastest...
- On Punch-Out's ESRB rating: "You uppercut Piston Honda in the urethra." [1:16:48]
- Shane pantamimed a blowjob.
- Speaking of cockpit we finally have a penis in a game. God forbid penis be the light.
- The people who hate videogames on content do not play them.
- The black boxers are stronger
- Shane "And they rap."
- Brett Elston
- Do you recognize nouns?
- Number one is San Andreas, they have the most bad games per square foot.
- Race Pro sounds like a eugenics project.
- Mikel Reparaz
- "That sounds like a horrible game. Why do I want to fight streets?"
- Turn around BAM! Penis.
- I just want to explain why GTA Lost and the Damned is a 9 and not a 10.
- Shane Patterson
- Is it because of the penis?
- Mikel "No"
- Is it because of the penis?
- Scott Butterworth
- I heard a print version of the podcast is coming out.
- An exotic zoo of cliches.
Question of the Week 23: What is the greatest effort you put into to getting a single game?
- Brett Elston: Worked hard for Mortal Kombat. Wrote a contract and signed it at the age of 12.
- Chris Antista: Joined the swim team for Spider-Man for the Genesis. Got 2nd place in a regional meet. Got out of the pool and asked his dad: "Where's Spider-Man?" Quit the swim team the next day. Same thing happened with his sister for the game Trampoline Terror.
- Shane Patterson: Sold all of his old games to get the PS1. Dad took all of his money and waited for a couple months to give him the PS1 as a present.
- Mikel Reparaz: Played lots of foosball to get a Game Boy. For a whole year only for him to realize he wasn't going to get a Game Boy.
Link: Episode 39