Date: June 6th, 2008
Special Guest(s): None
Intro: Altered Beast "Welcome to your doom."
Quote of the week: "If you can't kill black zombies, regardless of context, you're the racist."
Closing Words: Chris Antista "See ya next week. Peace."
Closing Song: Venture Brothers Closing Theme
- Top 7 Gory Deaths in Cutesy Games
- Digg bitching about the Top 7 article being 7 pages long.
- Rant about online videogame publications publishing articles about why they have the most integrity.
- Mikel Reparaz discusses how the Ad Department is separate from the Editorial Staff, and a publisher run-in over his 6/10 review of Bourne Conspiracy, both of which were also mentioned in "Ask a Games Journalist".
- This is the shortest podcast to date.
- Shane Patterson and Chris Antista volunteered for Habitat for Humanity. (This verifies that they are good people.)
- 1st ad by GamesRadar promoting TalkRadar.
- Living on the Edge - Aerosmith was cued
Funny Stories and Quotes:
- Chris Antista
- "GameDaily go suck one!
- "I drive this minivan to the strip club, and the ladies love it."
- "calls strippers "tit peddlers and stripwenches". [24:02-24:36]
- "You never had Othello day at your school?"
- Othello is a gateway to sexual progession?
- "These people breathe flys."
- Saints Row 2 assumes that none of its missions is going to suck.
- (On Far Cry 2 and PC) "That's the game that comes with the $1,000 console."
- "Everyday a review is late, is $1,000 we didn't get from a publisher."
- "Street Fighter 2 in a yacht called Capcom." (call forward to episode 33 the SF rap)
- Not that many franchises has the balls to release 10 games in a span of the month, but Petz there's too much innovation it can't be contained.
- Brett Elston
- grew up in an area where an Othello board didn't have enough pieces to play a proper game. [9:28-9:41]
- "Gratpooitius." (on Saints Row 2's shit)
- Buff white guy blowing away Africans on the street.
- "Nintendo gave me my Wii, which I take into account everytime I review a Wii game. I have to add 6 to 7 points for a score, which explains the 14 out of 10 I gave to Smash Bros." [26:30 ish]
- Shane Patterson
- We need context for killing black people?
- Mikel Reparaz
- "Finally a game where I get to spray shit."
- Tyler Wilde
- "You guys are full of shit. I'm recording in a yacht right now."
- Paperboy does he die or does he quit?
- Chris "It's always newsworthy since it is on the front page.
Link: Episode 4