Date: July 10th, 2009
Special Guest(s): None
Quote of the week: “Look at that treasure trail…"
Intro: Terminator 2 (Shane Patterson's favorite movie)
Closing Words: Chris Antista "Good luck."
Closing Song: Way to Fall (Metal Gear Solid 3 Credits Song)
- Top 7 Sexy horses every stud should ride (Written by a horse. Senior Wildlife Editor B. Buttercup. Tyler Nagata's creation.)
- Nintendo's failingest peripherals.
- Shane Patterson moments and roast.
- Inside Edition on Nintendo in 1989
- Old Nintendo Commericals Super Scope and U-Force
- This podcast was dedicated to Shane Patterson's departure from GamesRadar.
- "Hero" by Nickelback is Antista's favorite stupid anthem. Doesn't want his kids listening to that at their prom.
- Gong sound used after Barratt saying "Should have saved for the holocast."
- Duke Lombardi's first appearance is played during the 2nd break.
Shane Patterson Tribute, Roast, Stories
- TalkRadar #5 flashback Mountain Dew taste test.
- Favorite thing Shane did was the Pole Position commerical.
- Favorite sound bite: "Spiderman and the Lizard" and "Left 4 Head".
- Metal Gear Solid 3 soundclip Shane shared.
- TalkRadar #15 First appearance of Duke Lombardi
- Chris Antista:
- "Can suck the life out of wrestling only second to Chris Benoit."
- A man so nerdy his thoughts have coke bottled bifocals.
- Charlie Barratt: "So shitty, we gave more responsibility, including this podcast to a man that cuts his shit with plastic cutlery."
Funny Stories and Quotes:
- Chris Antista:
- "I'd rather like little boys than smell like pizza."
- There's a HUGE fanbase for THQ games.
- Shane Patterson is my favorite console.
- T-Nag King of the Ballzoom.
- Shane's movies are so bad, Uwe Boll had an online petition to stop him.
- Nickelback, I don't want that song to be played at my children's prom.
- "ONE MILLION PERCENT!" [1:15:50]
- HE'S BEGGING FOR IT! LOOK AT HIM IN THOSE SHORTS! LOOK AT HIM!
- Mikel Reparaz:
- "Shut the fuck up!" moment. [1:34:17]
- Games don't have characters or plots. It's just about running over prostitutes and shooting kids in the face.
- Bill O Reiley had problems with logs that could stack.
- Brett Elston
- Tipping cows and blowing horses.
- Cool Building.
- I had a PS2 in every place I've ever lived in.
- I play fewer games than I did 5 years ago.
- Shane Patterson:
- "Here you go dickfuck." [52:08] to the CEO of the company.
Question of the Week 43: Favorite console of all time?
- Brett Elston and Charlie Barratt: Super Nintendo.
- Mikel Reparaz: Feels affection for the Saturn.
- Shane Patterson: PlayStation 2.
- Chris Antista: Shane Patterson.
Link: Episode 59