Date: July 17th, 2009
Special Guest(s): None
Quote of the week: “That sounds like the Crystal Light of Sluts."
Intro: Penn and Teller Bullshit on Violent Videogames.
Closing Words: Chris Antista - "I don't miss Shane!"
Closing Song: MGMT - Kids
- Top 7 Badass old folks [3:40-19:00]
- EA Sports dude giving a tutorial on how to correctly say "E. A. Sports. It's in the game." [28:33-31:30]
- 40 most-repeated game quotes. [32:00-39:00]
- The 5 worst things about Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. [45:07-51:15]
- Ar Tonelico innuendo. [51:30-56:20]
- Penn and Teller: Bullshit! on violence in videogames. [56:30-1:26:45]
- Piracy: conclusion is it doesn't cost the entertainment industry 500 billion dollars or whatever inflated number the executive says.
- 1st time TalkRadar ever had a professional mixer. Professional equipment.
- Tyler Wilde went to a private school that had lots of gong sounds. Lots of Asians, rich, doctors. (Gong sound used.)
- Brett Elston saw Robocop 2 in theatres as a 9 year old. [1:24:20]
- Brett Elston tells about his pool collapsing story because of Starfox 64. Wasn't fully told until 109.
Funny Stories and Quotes:
- Chris Antista:
- In an Engrish accent: "Time-ah to go to home-ah-room."
- "Ain't no thing but a chicken wing on a train from BURGER KING."
- Altered Beast voice used for Game Deals. [1:34:40]
- I had to update my PSP firmware to 3.03 to 5.55 that's over 100 updates!
- PC as the best console? That's like what format is the best book? Paper.
- You think your better than me?
- Tyler "Yes I do."
- Jinx you owe me a blowjob.
- Brett "Ok let's get this over with."
- What's the thing to keep a dog from licking himself?
- Brett "A cone."
- He's a drunken master what is he called?
- Mikel and Brett "A DRUNKEN MASTER!"
- Brett Elston
- Line up, I'll blow you all.
- 2K released Polio in 1997.
- This goes back to your point why old people should die.
- I saw Robocop 2 in theatres when I was 9.
- This is a children's show. Think of the stupid kids.
- Mikel Reparaz
- Nobody plays this except 3 people in Subsahran Africa. (N-Gage)
- I'm worried about my somewhat hypothetical kids getting into MMOs.
- Tyler Wilde
- I went to a private school. All my classmates were rich and Asian.
Question of the Week 44: What is the first movie game that make you hate movie games?
- Chris Antista: Wayne's World. Got it for every platform. Also, Friday the 13th.
- Brett Elston: Die Hard, Dick Tracy, Dirty Harry, Rambo, and Roger Rabbit.
- Mikel Reparaz: Home Alone.
- Tyler Wilde: Addams Family.
Link: Episode 60