Date: July 3rd, 2008
Special Guest(s): Eric Bratcher
Intro: Mega Man 2 Intro music
Quote of the week: "The only thing the Wii is optimal for is flipping pancakes and stabbing ghosts."
Closing Words: Chris Antista "Goodnight everybody"
Closing Song:Top Gun Anthem
- Top 7 Sports Games Nerds Actually Like
- Exclusive Mega Man 9 hands-on
- Wikipedia WTF?!
- The Ultimate Mega Man Retrospective
- Diablo III
- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
- Elan Sel'Sabagno (pronounced ee-lawn sleazebag-in-oh) is first mentioned.
- Brett Elston is in Canada during this podcast.
- First time Antista mentions he wants a videogame tattoo. Wants it expense by the company.
Funny Stories and Quotes:
- Chris Antista
- "I consider the NFL mutant league football; those people aren't human."
- Got Mega Man 2 because of good grades.
- Played sports, like soccer and baseball, as a kid and wished he played games instead.
- "PC gamers, suck it up and buy a Wii."
- Traded RC ProAm for Mickey Mousecapade. (A big mistake.)
- "Is your favorite album always in the $5.99 Wal Mart bin?"
- "Did it occur to you that Top Gun is the gayest movie ever made?"
- "Yeah, but see, I don't play sports, I only read headlines, and from all I know, they're all murderers and pit dogs to death."
- "The price of Petrol is downright Bobbety."
- Every second you're talking, you lose $5 in microtransactions.
- Chester A. Mothergrabbing Arthur.
- Brett Elston
- "Why does everybody hate Battle Network, because I do."[40:10-40:15]
- "Why don't you just go kiss more girls, and I'll be here playing Mega Man."
- "Whoa son, Mega Man doesn't have levels." (Toward Eric Bratcher)
- His dad loves Top Gun. (Because of the F-14's, not buttsecks.)
- Mega Man 2 is Brett Elston's 2nd most favorite game of all time.
- Tony Hawk got bad when it tried to do everything else in the world that wasn't skating.
- Eric Bratcher
- "As cool as it is to be an all star pitcher, it's much cooler drive a spaceship into a dinosaur's ass to save the princess."
- Mikel Reparaz
- "I didn't actually read it, because I saw the word "sports" and immediately closed my browser in fear."
- "[Magnet Man] is a robot with a brain that has a hard drive, and he keeps a magnet right next to his brain. That is fucking hardcore. That is like somebody holding a gun to their head all the time."
Link: Episode 8