AboutEditDate: September 8th, 2010
Tagline: The one with the creamy mess
What to expect...Edit
- It's Wednesday! It's just after 3pm GMT! It's time for a new episode of TalkRadar UK!!!1! Ahem.
- Cundy, Dave M, Justin and Nathan make up the team to deliver this week's show as they blast through subjects such as...
- The news!: Where we discuss, amongst other things, the inclusion of Hollywood star, Gary Oldman's appearance in CoD: Black Ops in which, surprisingly, Meiks actually does some research for once.
- Appreciation Section!: Justin loves a game that nobody can remember, nevermind played. Nothing unusual there then. Ho, ho.. <sigh>. Anyways, it's this, Dark Savior.
- Question of the Week!: Barking out your answers to the question... Have you ever bought a game based on the fancy packaging?
- What we've been playing!: An innocent chat about what the men have been playing in their spare times soon devolves into a fantasy about hurling people from rooftops. Oh dear.
- GamesRadar Hotline!: Where we answer your questions sent via text and play your voices from our voicemail's inbox.
Justin does his second appreciation section (he did the first). He chose Dark Saviour on Saturn. He talks about how the game used 3D back grounds and yet still used sprites for the characters. The 3D background allowed you to rotate the camera to judge jumps. He also makes the wild allegation that it has a more branching storyline than Mass Effect. There's a parallel that happens from the very start of the game and in the end has 5 or 6 different stories. He also praises the graphics.
Question of the Week: Have you ever bought a game based on the fancy packaging without knowing about the game?
- Dave M: Hurdy Gurdy
- Matt: Keystone Kapers or Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Justin: Sailor Moon
- Nathan: GTA 3