AboutEditDate: September 22nd, 2010
Tagline: The one with all the needless swearing.
What to expect...Edit
- THE NEWS: In which there is much discussion about a potential Call of Duty subscription plan, a surprising entry into the all formats chart and more swears than you can shake a f*cking sh*tty stick at. Apologies in advance.
- APPRECIATION SECTION: Where Meiks gets all teary-eyed over Mario 64
- WHAT WE'VE BEEN PLAYING: Find out which game not to play when suffering from a stomach bug. Think of it like a public service announcement.
- QUESTION OF THE WEEK: We inadvertently start a mini-flame war with the question... In your opinion who's winning 2010 so far - Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony? It burns! It burns!
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE: <---- what that bit says, including our choices for the Golden Joysticks Shooter of the Year, which you can still vote on right here
Dave M does his 2nd appreciation section and uses his favourite game of all time. And no, it's not Shadow of the Colossus, it's the second N64 game in a row to show up for appreciation (following Dave H last week) and it is Mario 64. He says that absolutely no game he's played or will ever play again will have as big an impact as this did on him then. He talks about it being the most enjoyable game from the boss battles to something as small as sliding or your stomach. He also talks about how the controls were exactly suited for the game. Dave points out how this was the first game to have a "hub world" which is now a huge part of gaming.
Question of the week: In your opinion, who's winning 2010 so far - Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony?
- Matt: Nintendo
- Dave M: Nintendo
- Nathan: Sony