AboutEditDate: October 6th, 2010
Tagline: The one with the rear naked chokeholds
What to expect...Edit
- THE NEWS! - The team kerb stomp Panasonic's foray into the hand-held market before it's even begun.
- APPRECIATION SECTION! - Def Jam: Fight For New York receives a sexy hug from Nathan as he describes what makes it one of the best beat 'em-ups to date.
- WHAT WE'VE BEEN PLAYING! - Amongst a stack of titles Dave brings even more praise for Uncharted 2, Cundy's pretty much sick of games and Nathan confesses to playing about 40 online matches of FIFA 11.
- QUESTION OF THE WEEK! - Where we read out your answers to the questions... What's your favourite game sound effect of all time and why?
- GAMESRADAR HOTLINE! - A record number of voicemails this week and plenty of text messages for us to answer.
... And much, much more.
Nathan chooses a PS2 beat-'em-up this week; Def-Jam: Fight for New York. He first of all says that it's one of his favourite fighting games ever. It was done in a chunky, cartoony way and it wasn't meant for realism (unlike the sequel which was terrible according to Nathan) which made it very fun. He says that the hits felt very heavy, something that can be hard to achieve in fighting games. He mentions that good points of the game included the sound track and the story mode (which he said was underrated).
Question of the Week: What's your favourite game sound effect of all time?
- Matt: Zelda secrets sound effects/Call of Duty grenade "tinkly tinkly"/Pac-man death noise/Space Invaders shooting noise
- Dave H: The Mario mushroom-get-bigger noise/Sonic shield noise/Half-Life 2 crossbow/Valve opening game screen/Original Resident Evil zombies
- Nathan: Hitting a rail in Skate/Axel's flying kick from Streets of Rage/PS3 trophy noise/"Thank you, nice boys" from sunset riders/Getting rid of loads of blocks in Lumines