AboutEditDate: October 13th, 2010
Tagline: The one with the ice level
What to expect...Edit
- Push start to play! Yes, it's your weekly dose of TalkRadar UK, only now (and only partly if we're honest) in the format of a videogame. So bring your coat for the ice level also known as 'what we've been playing' and the lava level of the GamesRadar hotline. Your hosts for this 60th podcast are Dave H, Cundy and Justin, who cover such subjects as...
- THE NEWS! - Sonic's back! And actually good. Also Matt discusses what we all thought of the Medal of Honor trailer... mostly because Justin and Dave forgot to watch it before heading to the studio.
- APPRECIATION SECTION! - It's Matt's turn to appreciate a game of days gone by - the rather beautifully cel-shaded XIII, starring David Duchovny.
- QUESTION OF THE WEEK! - Where we read out your answers to the questions... What's your favourite weapon you've ever wielded in a game and why?
- ... And much, much more.
Matt brings some love for XIII (Thirteen). The first thing he mentions is that it, along with other Ubisoft games from the same time in 2003. It's apparently "very... good". It tries to be a comic book (in a good way) and is actually based on an old Belgian graphic novel. Matt mentions that it looks gorgeous and that even though it was a shooter, the stealth sections were very well done. The art style (cel-shaded) looked gorgeous and one of the specific things mentioned was the split screen mid-gameplay. The voice cast was also praised in this along with the story.
The minigame challenge for this week can be viewed here
Question of the Week: What's your favourite weapon you've ever wielded in a game?
- Dave H: The penetrator from F.E.A.R
- Justin: Katana from Dead Rising
- Matt: Lancer from Gears of War