AboutEditDate: November 3rd, 2010
Tagline: The one with the battery operated hand
What to Expect...Edit
- Lie back, open yer ears wide and think of England. Yes, it's time for your weekly dose of TalkRadar UK! Today's team of triumph consists of Houghton, Cundy and Nathan and provides the usual sprinklings of interesting game-related backstories, hot opinion on the latest news related affairs and at least one suggestion of Halloween flashing horrors. Oh, and discussion of what a 'stab face' looks like. Nice. But what else can you expect? All this and more...
- NEWS - TimeSplitters 4 on the way?
- APPRECIATION SECTION - Dave breaks at least one combo by going all squishy over Killer Instinct. But possibly not over this bit.
- QUESTION OF THE WEEK - Reading your answers to... Why do you like games as much as you do? And suggesting another 'Sonic Shuffle'.
- WHAT WE'VE BEEN PLAYING - Matt can't remember the name of the game he's been playing. Must've been memorable. Dave's been mostly playing Fable 3, and Nathan's still playing LEGO Harry Potter. Jeebus. But there is more...
- GAMESRADAR HOTLINE - Where we answer your questions and play your voices over the airwaves.
- MORE! MORE! MORE!
Dave H has the role of head appreciator this week and is using that role to appreciate Killer Instinct, an N64 2D fighting game (the first 2D fighting game produced by Nintendo). He mentions that it had over-the-top violence and gore but was funny about it. He mentions that the two fighting games of the mid-90s were Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter and that Killer Instinct took the gore and finishing moves of MK but had the great, solid gameplay of SF.
Question of the Week: Why do you like playing games as much as you do?
- Dave H: Having an experience that life can't give you.
- Matt: He likes "digesting" all media.
- Nathan: They let him zone out and be immersed in the game.