AboutEditDate: November 10th, 2010
Hosts: Nathan Irvine, Matt Cundy and Dave "Meiks" Meikleham
Tagline: The one with the Z-list celebrities.
What to Expect...Edit
- Good afternoon and welcome to the home of TalkRadar UK - the #1 gaming podcast that actually talks about games like you would with your mates. Unless you're well spoken and y'know, intelligent like. This week's episode is brought to you by Dave M, Cundy, Nathan and the letter 'Z'. What can you expect from this week's show? All of this gubbins...
- NEWS! - Instead of retreading old stories the men have actually been out and about creating the news themselves. No, not that armed robbery in Macclesfield, some other stuff like Matt playing Kinect with his kids and Nathan reporting from an old power station at the UK launch party for Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- APPRECIATION SECTION! - Cundy waxes lyrical about Rez and how it held him in a hypnotic trance. Oh, and listen out to our new jingle provided by Farmer JonnyPancakes. We like.
- QUESTION OF THE WEEK! - The team wade through your answers to the burning question... Is there any genre of game you just can't enjoy, no matter how good any individual entry? What turns you off about it?
- WHAT WE'VE BEEN PLAYING! - There's a discussion on why Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 might have the worst boss battle ever, why Vanquish leaves you wanting more and why Mafia 2 is at least a 7/10 game.
- GAMESRADAR HOTLINE! - All your questions and queries to the hotline are answered to varying degrees of completeness.
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE.
The game chosen this week (by Matt) is Rez. He wings it because he has "bad memory" and "didn't know he was doing this". He calls it a game that stupid people hate and smart people (like him) love. He reveals that he has absolutely no idea what's going on in it despite playing through it a lot. He also praises the soundtrack of Rez.
Question of the Week: Is there one genre of game you just can't enjoy no matter how good one individual entry is?
- Matt: RTSs (Real-Time Strategies)
- Dave M: Football management games
- Nathan: 2D Fighters