AboutEditDate: January 26th, 2011
Guest Host(s): Darrell Skipper
Tagline: The one where the talking can't be stopped
What to Expect...Edit
- It's new podcast time.. YEEHAW! Not sure why we threw some cowboy lingo in there at the start because this episode of your favourite gaming podcast has very little to do with the wild-west or indeed ranching. Hang on, we do have to lasso Dave H as he refuses to let other people talk at times. Yes, it all makes sense now.
- There's a special guest on the show, in the form of chief tea-maker and Cundy foot massager, Darrell Skipper - GamesRadar UK's work experience man.
- Expect to hear Dave H become a force of nature with words that can not be stopped. Guest star, Darrell Skipper's Level Skip Sections and a chat about all things games.
Hoots is the first person to do the appreciation section with the new and improved set of questions. The game he's talking about is Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. It's a survival horror/action game set across thousands of years. He calls it very atmospheric and calls the combat system "excellent". Weapons changed with whatever year you were in. While fighting, you could target certain body parts of enemies to attack. There was also a great magic system, according to Dave. He said that the single best part of Eternal Darkness were the madness affects which happened the more your sanity meter built up. These included blood trickling down the walls, a fake ending and your characters head falling off as you were walking! There hasn't been a sequel and Dave thinks that there really should be.
Question of the Week: What can Sony do with the PSP2 to get you to buy it or get excited about it?
- Matt: To focus on making good games and not bother with any gimmicky things.
- Darrell: To make it look really cool.
- Dave H: The opposite of what they're doing.
- Nathan: To make things shiny (he's a graphics whore).