AboutEditDate: February 16th, 2011
Tagline: The one where someone leaves forever
What to Expect...Edit
- Uh oh, it's time. One member of TalkRadar UK - and to a larger extent GamesRadar - is about to be ended, no more, fired into the sun in a rocket. But who will it be? The suspense is killing us and we already know who it is. You can find out by listening to this week's podcast, which features all five members of the pod squad - Justin, Dave H, Meiks, Cundy and Nathan.
- Aside from the nasty business of catapulting someone out of GR Towers forever, we've got a news special where we discuss Activision's recent shocking activities and what we think the company should do to save it's soul. There's the Appreciation Section brought to you by Justin and there's the usual mix of jokes, larks and laser accurate gaming insight, but think of the last bit as an added bonus, because it may not be 100% true.
- Anyways, it's time to find out who's jettisoned from the GamesRadar bosom for all eternity. Enjoy!
Justin opens the Appreciation Section with an impression of a character from the game he's telling us about - Jet Set Radio. He calls it "a game about some street punks" with "in-line roller blades that are jet-powered" that "go around 'graffiting' everywhere". It was one of the first ever cel-shaded games and he mentions how nice the graphics are. At this point he goes out on a tangent about the hotel he lived in for the first year of college. Anyway, Justin thinks that the best thing about the game is the music. Because of its cel-shaded graphics, the game still looks very good, even up to today's standards!
Question of the Week: Which game character were you most disappointed to see the back of? (Open to interpretation)
- Justin: Roman Bellic from GTA IV
- Matt: Makar from Wind Waker
- Dave H: The Prince from Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
- Dave M: John Marston from Red Dead Redemption
- Nathan: Adam from Streets of Rage